Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review: How to Wear a Maxi Skirt 5


How to wear a maxi skirt 5

Here is yet another post on How to Wear a Maxi Skirt and this time it's all about bold colours! I started off with a black plain, maxi skirt. When wearing such bold colours like the bright blue and coral it is crucial to wear a neutral coloured skirt so that there isn't too much going on with the outfit. After choosing your neutral coloured skirt you should choose the colour(s) you want to play with. This time I chose electric blue and coral to be the statement colours in this outfit. Although, the electric blue is very eye catching on its own compared to the rest of the colours represented in this outfit, it does not take away from the the look since it is only presented in the accessories. Once I chose the skirt, sweater, bag and scarf I moved on to the shoes and jewelry. I didn't want to be to matchy matchy so I chose flats that were a lighter tone than the coral sweater and I tied the whole outfit together with a simple black ring and a very funky and colourful bracelet. This outfit which can be recreated in so many ways, is great for a cool night out during the summer and even better for the fall. 
I hope you all try to recreate this look and I hope you all have a great weekend!
x,
Sagalina

5 comments:

ST said...

Love it, i love maxi skirts and that Marc by Marc Jacobs bag is beautiful!

dreaming en francais said...

I love adding bright and bold colors to a neutral maxi skirt. Very cute look!

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

Morgan said...

A long maxi skirt is one of my favorite summer go-tos. I am a new follower and would love for you to stop by The Jem Journal and follow as well! Have a great week!
-Morgan

Lali said...

Beautiful combination!!

Unknown said...

I love this outfit, I would totally wear it..great picks!

Thank you for reading!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...