Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Review: How to Wear a Maxi Skirt 6

How to Wear a Maxi Skirt 6

You have probably seen  classic pieces mixed with grungy rocker ones several times, but once a skinny jean is replaced with a maxi skirt the whole look becomes unique and perfect for those spring/summer days at work and with friends. For this look I wanted to put a spin on the classic chic upper east side look by pairing a tweed zip-up jacket with the ever so popular I heart NY t-shirt. 

The whole colour scheme of the outfit was inspired by the multi-coloured reptile print flats*. I first took the base of the flat which is grey and translated that into the t-shirt and tweed jacket. Then I translated the rich orange colour in the shoe onto the jewellery and bag. Lastly, I paired the whole outfit with a simple black maxi skirt and shades to tone down the look a bit. 

I love outfits that have unexpected pieces within them. It says a lot about a person's style and shows that your comfortable with a bit of change. 

Have a lovely day!
x,
Sagalina 

* TIP: If you have no idea where to start when putting a whole outfit together, the best and easiest way to do so is to pick one statement item that you definitely want to be in the look (like the flats above) and work your way from there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice combination. I loveeee maxi skirts.

x
www.thecherryfactor.com

Hijabi Inspired said...

I love this combo you have going, i love every item.. WANT WANT WANT

Bless

Thank you for reading!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...