Well it's Tuesday and like I promised it's the start of A Bold Statement's new schedule! I wanted to kick off this new path for A.B.S. with a new segment to the blog...Profiles. And of-course who better to profile than fashion power house and style icon, Anna Wintour.
A year ago I was in my last year of high school and taking a business leadership course. Our final assignment for the class was to write a report on a successful leader and I chose Anna Wintour. With that project I had to focus a lot more on the business aspect of Anna's success rather than the creative part. So today, I would like to showcase the creative, inspirational, fashionable side of Anna Wintour.
Enjoy!
x,
Sagalina
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna Wintour as Editor in Chief: Anna Wintour's passion for fashion, art, politics and that alike spill across the pages of Vogue Magazine every month. Of-course there is a whole team behind the creation of each issue and I don't mean to downplay their work by any means, but it is Anna's ability to make quick decisions, her work ethic and attention to detail that makes every issue worth picking up. You can see all of the hard work that goes into creating each Vogue magazine in The September Issue and after watching I'm sure we can all see why she is known for being such an influential leader.
" If you look at any great fashion photograph out of context, it will tell you just as much about what's going on in the world as a headline in The New York Times."
" Create your own style...let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others."
Fashion's Night Out: We've all heard about Fashion's Night Out and some of us may have attended one or two of the annual event held in major cities all over the world. Anna Wintour started this initiative in 2009 as a response to the economic downfall affecting the fashion world. But today for many of us, it's a night to celebrate fashion with thousands of participating stores, designers and celebrities! Fashion's Night out is a great part of the fashion world and it's thanks to Anna's creative genius that it's continued to this day.
A year ago I was in my last year of high school and taking a business leadership course. Our final assignment for the class was to write a report on a successful leader and I chose Anna Wintour. With that project I had to focus a lot more on the business aspect of Anna's success rather than the creative part. So today, I would like to showcase the creative, inspirational, fashionable side of Anna Wintour.
Enjoy!
x,
Sagalina
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Anna Wintour
Occupation: Editor in Chief at Vogue US
Date & Place of Birth: November 3, 1949 London, England
Stylishly Known For: Her sleek-cut bob and large-framed sunglasses
----------------------------------------------------------------
First Cover: Anna Wintour's creative judgement for her first Vogue Magazine cover in 1988 helped change the whole look and essence of Vogue. She daringly paired jeans that cost about $50 with a top that costs $10,000! This mix of high and low priced pieces showed women everywhere that it doesn't always have to cost so much to be stylish.
"Vogue is a fashion magazine, and a fashion magazine is about change."
Anna Wintour as Editor in Chief: Anna Wintour's passion for fashion, art, politics and that alike spill across the pages of Vogue Magazine every month. Of-course there is a whole team behind the creation of each issue and I don't mean to downplay their work by any means, but it is Anna's ability to make quick decisions, her work ethic and attention to detail that makes every issue worth picking up. You can see all of the hard work that goes into creating each Vogue magazine in The September Issue and after watching I'm sure we can all see why she is known for being such an influential leader." If you look at any great fashion photograph out of context, it will tell you just as much about what's going on in the world as a headline in The New York Times."
Anna Wintour and Designers: What many people don't know is that Anna Wintour helped make the careers of many successful fashion designers such as Marc Jacobs, Alexander McQueen, Michael Kors and John Galliano. After hearing all those names you start to wonder if she actually has the list talked about in the ever-so-popular The Devil Wears Prada. Not only did Anna Wintour help these designers that we are so familiar with today, but she continued with the effort and started the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund which is there to support ambitious young designers realize their dreams.
" Create your own style...let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others."
Fashion's Night Out: We've all heard about Fashion's Night Out and some of us may have attended one or two of the annual event held in major cities all over the world. Anna Wintour started this initiative in 2009 as a response to the economic downfall affecting the fashion world. But today for many of us, it's a night to celebrate fashion with thousands of participating stores, designers and celebrities! Fashion's Night out is a great part of the fashion world and it's thanks to Anna's creative genius that it's continued to this day.
~ Sources: Voguepedia + Biography



7 comments:
Anna is a godess!!!
vogue :)
FASHION SEDUCER - Il Seduttore della Moda Follow me (Seguimi) follow you (Ti seguo)
MY FACEBOOK
MY TWITTER
She is a true inspiration for fashionista's. I like.
x
www.thecherryfactor.com
I lovwe this post!! <3
I have browsed through couple of your posts and I really liked what I saw so I followed you :)
Come check out my blog and if you like it you can follow me too on GFC or FB but you totaly don't have to :)
Anyways, I'll be coming here more often. You have an amazing blog :)
Greatings from Sarajevo <3
Lejla <3
http://ladybug4sunflower.blogspot.com/
Beautiful blog ;)
do you want to follow each other ? I followed and i hope you follow back :)
www.gabusiek.blogspot.com
She is a great inspiration for all of us
kisses
www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com
Such a cool post! Really well written and thought out :)
xx
liquoriceandpumps.blogspot.com
Post a Comment