Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stay Warm: Classics

A.B.S. Stay Warm: Classics
Finally, the much anticipated first Stay Warm post is here!

I wanted to start off the series in the most relatable and fresh way possible. So I chose classic must haves that every girl should have at least one or two of during the winter and even fall seasons. The inspiration for this issue is drawn from Jessica Alba's very chic look*...isn't her daughter so cute in her equally stylish outfit!?

For the winter season, I tend to draw more to neutral shades like the camel tone coat and light beige satchel. Neutral toned basics are great to have in your closet since they allow you to mix and match easily with almost any colour. A pop of colour on a neutral pallet can help you take your outfit from a B to an A+. I think the best way to add a bit of life to your look during this cold season is through accessories like this warm pashmina blue scarf. Even so, neutrals can be equally classy on their own. This is especially true when you have printed or colour blocked pieces like this black and cream striped sweater and navy blue and brown oxford shoes. 

Although all these pieces look great individually, when worn together they create a great look for a busy day. To me, nothing says on the go then a chic pair of Oxford shoes that allow you to walk miles through the cold without hurting your feet! Likewise, casual stripes are a must have for any season, but the greatest way to utilize the everlasting trend during the winter is through a cozy knit sweater. Even though this look is pretty casual, it's always important for your outfits to say something about your personality. Details such as the ones on this satchel or even an embellished hairband can add a bit of character to your look and differentiate you from others. After all, Blair Waldorf wouldn't have been Queen B without her stylish hairbands! 

I hope you guys are all doing well & don't forget to stay warm this winter in cozy classics!
x,
Sagalina


*I was inspired more so by the colour coordination of the outfit rather then the individual pieces.

GET THE LOOK (all for under $110): Striped Sweater/ Camel tone CoatBeige SatchelTwo Toned Oxford ShoesPashmina ScarfEmbellished Hairband 

~ You can also find 'A Bold Statement' on  Pinterest, Polyvore and Bloglovin'

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your post :)
http://jusufovicminela.blogspot.com/

Zaira said...

Great bag and coat:)

Larissa said...

Another very nice post! I buy stay-warm bascis all the time at the moment :)
Have a great sunday!
xx

Veronika C. said...

great combination!:)

Fashionobsession-mieni said...

This outfit looks really stunning! I have a similar coat and I really like the combination with the striped sweater and this stunning shoes!! Inspiring!

Hope you visit me on my blog
fashionobsession-mieni.com

Bronzed Humanity said...

Great post! That bag is adorable!
xx
Hot Pink Day
Libi & Lola

Unknown said...

I like these shoes...

xxx Ros.e.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

very pretty outfits! I'd wear each! thanks for sharing!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog
P.S. I'm hosting a glasses giveaway on my blog here check it out!
P.P.S. I'm your newest follower

Unknown said...

hi honey! let's follow each other on gfc and bloglovin'?? :)

much love,
http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

Thank you for reading!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...