Today maybe a regular day for many of you but for all Muslims across the globe it is Eid Al-Fitr -the Islamic celebration that comes after the month of Ramadan (fasting). It feels like just yesterday I was telling you all about Ramadan and it's purpose and now it's come to an end :(
~I truly feel blessed to have lived through another month of Ramadan...It really is a beautiful and blessed month.
Eid is a celebration that all Muslim's look forward to each year. We celebrate it twice a year for three days each. Every Eid, Muslims dress up and gather at a great hall or masjid (mosque) to pray the Eid prayer in the morning -- this is fun since we get to see people we haven't seen in a long time. Then everyone goes their separate ways and enjoys a fun filled day with their close friends and family. At this time, children usually receive gifts from relatives and people usually call their family and friends living abroad to wish them a happy Eid. What I believe is most beautiful about Ramadan and Eid is that during the last few day of Ramadan, every Muslim family is obligated to give charity ( a determined amount) to the poor so that the less fortunate can have an Eid meal and enjoy the celebration as much as everyone else.
Today, is a day to celebrate, a day to reflect on how you spent your Ramadan and a day to be grateful for every blessing you have.
If you are celebrating Eid, I hope you have a joyous three days filled with love and happiness!
And if you're not, I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
x,
Sagalina

3 comments:
Eid Mubarak :)
http://scatteredpearls-blog.blogspot.com/
Have a wonderful shawaal
Eid Mubarak! Hope you have/had an amazing three days!
Post a Comment